Pages

June 1, 2009

Stamps of the Week

I didn't spend a lot of time perusing the stamp collection this week so I don't have a lot to show you but I did find a few nice ones this afternoon when I started working on my very first commissioned piece (which I'm very excited about by the way!!!). Tomorrow I'll be posting some pictures of the new piece I'm working on, but for now, here are the Stamps of the Week!

I love the reds in these flowers. I'm always drawn in by good vegetation stamps- particularly the ones with flowers (and trees of course!). I also really love the design of the second stamp. I wish I could paint like that...



Who doesn't love an ostrich? I don't know how this one has been floating around in my collection and yet I've never seen it until today. It's a great design combo with the colorful little bird at the bottom. As I think I've mentioned before, I've spent a good deal of time living/working in Antarctica and my hub-dude is the editor for the Antarctic Sun (http://antarcticsun.usap.gov/) so I always have a keen eye for all stamps that are Antarctic related. while this isn't specifically an 'Antarctic' stamp, it does have a nice picture of the continent and I couldn't resist.



Dinosaurs and camels! Oh my! Don't you wish you could ride a friendly dinosaur? OR a camel? I really regret not riding camels when I went to see the pyramids. I so easily could have! Instead I rode a semi-lame, wholly arthritic, ancient, slower-than-molasses horse. But I do love horseback riding so all was not lost. Now if I could just find a dinosaur like these to ride around for a bit....


No comments:

Post a Comment