Pages

July 19, 2010

More Back to Basics.... No. 2 Folding Pocket Kodak Model C

In keeping with yesterday's theme... I've also begun to get away from digital photos and am returning to using film- Polaroids, Holga and some other cameras.

I was in an antique store a couple of weeks ago and found this beautiful little Kodak camera that's almost 100 years old. It didn't have a price and I expected it to be priced terrifically high but when the shop owner told me how much it was, I knew it was coming home with me.

I love the brass and wood on this camera. They just don't make cameras like this anymore. I'm still trying to find out if there is a modern-day version of film for it, or a way to modify the camera and/or film in order to use it. Even if there isn't, the beautiful design of this camera makes it well worth keeping around.


No comments:

Post a Comment