Pages

April 10, 2010

Vintage Postcard and Postcrossing

I recently signed up for Postcrossing- which is a website where you can sign up to send and receive postcards with total strangers from all over the world.  As they explain it on their site
The goal of this project is to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world, for free. Well, almost free! The main idea is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive at least one back from a random Postcrosser from somewhere in the world.
Why? Because, like the author, there are lots of people who like to receive real mail.
The element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world (many of which you probably have never heard of) can turn your mailbox into a box of surprises - and who wouldn't like that?
Today I received my first postcard, which would have been great all by itself, but it's a lovely vintage postcard!  Which makes it all the better.  (And coincidentally, it comes from Dixon, California.  Which happens to be my last name. )  Isn't this a great postcard??






























So far, I've sent 5 postcards but I have 3 more going out to Russia, Croatia and Lithuania. I don't know which is more fun- sending or receiving them. I've been sending Colorado postcards but I'm getting ready to make my own and will start sending those soon.

If you like mail, postcards and being nice to strangers, then Postcrossing might be for you and perhaps we'll be lucky enough to cross postcard paths someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment