Pages

June 13, 2011

Morocco

In the middle of our Spain trip we popped over to Morocco for a couple of days.  We only went to Tangier but it's a fun, colorful, thriving little city by the sea and we were lucky enough to see one of the most incredible rainstorms of my life while we were there.  It prompted us to stay another day.

All of the decor we saw was wildly intricate, spectacularly vibrant and goes far beyond any level of detail that you would ever find in American design.  Our pension was a riot of color inside and I could have stayed there forever.  It felt like a miniature palace with stained glass, domes sun rooms and clear glass floors and I'm quite sure I will never stay anywhere as pretty again.

I wasn't initially keen on going to Morocco as I knew we didn't have enough time to really see anything but I'm glad we went because it's definitely moved up on my list of places to see.

Happy Monday!
Andrea













No comments:

Post a Comment