Pages

August 18, 2009

Back to Blogging!

I know, it's been a while. But I'm still here. I've been working on 3 different alpine field research projects over the last couple of months and it has taken a toll on my blogging time, not to mention the creation of new art. I have 4 canvases that have all been started and are all less than half finished. I've totally lost momentum on them but am hoping to get back to it now that I'm more or less done working until next summer. I'm looking forward to it as I definitely feel a happiness surge when a portion of my day is spent in creative pursuits.

I want to share a couple of my favorite blogs and websites today because I always love finding new treasures on the net.

First, I dabble in gardening and my all time favorite gardening post is this one by a woman in Canada who is my true gardening champion. (She has a fabulous book that has saved me a lot of time and wasted effort, and it's fun to read.) She's also a photographer and graphic designer so the photos on her blog are always worth a look:

http://www.yougrowgirl.com/

I found a really great mixed media artist online named Seth. He has a blog about his art, the art of others, good books, great art in NYC, etc... He makes zines and mixed media work. His blog is one of my favorites. Maybe because he's living one of my dreams- that of artist in NYC, but maybe because it just has really great information and I love his art. I encourage you to check out his blog if you like mixed media artwork:

http://www.thealteredpage.blogspot.com/

I moved into my little row house in Denver about a year and half ago. Across from my house is a building with some little businesses on the bottom floor- 2 artists and a yoga studio. Lately the two artists have been open for the First Friday Art Walk on Santa Fe because we're only a couple of blocks away so on the first Friday of August we decided to check out both of these artists studios. The first guy, whose name I can't remember, was a textile artist that makes big colorful quilts with mostly geometric patterns. The second artist is a painter named Richard Groskopf and his work is amazing! His studio is stacked to the brim with huge, amazingly colorful paintings- I can't wait to go back to see them again. Check out the gallery photos on his website:

http://www.richardgroskopf.com/

I hope you like these sites as much as I do. Post YOUR favorite sites in the comments- I would love to see what your favorites are right now.

Later today or tomorrow I'll get back to posting 'Stamps of the Week'. This week I'm posting stamps from one of my special smaller collections that I've separated out from my main collection so check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment