Pages

October 18, 2009

Stamps of the Week

I'm working on a really large canvas right now and needed to pull about 5000 postage stamps out of my collection for it, which means I spent hours sifting through stamps picking and choosing the ones I needed. This process would be a lot faster if I didn't stop to look at all the stamps. This part of the process never gets old for me because i just love looking at stamps. It's like walking through a museum and browsing art. These are some of the stamps I set aside today to be placed in my smaller thematic collections.

The flower stamps are always my favorites. Perhaps having something to do with the fact that I study plants... I love all of these for their great colors and shapes.








I went to Japan last year and saw modern day geisha in Kyoto. They were just as exotic and intriguing as they look in this stamp.



I've posted many ship stamps before from my smaller collection of ship stamps, but I just couldn't resist posting a couple more. I wish I could live on this first one.





I rarely ever get stamps from Mexico. I don't know why but there just don't seem to be many of them out there. I like this big head.



I don't actually like Halloween, but these are appropriate. This little dude is scary. I hope he doesn't come knocking on my door- he might rip the screen with his nose.






I want to walk into this stamp and go to the beach. Right now.



Could this stamp be a balloon hoax?



I swear I see this guy every morning in Boulder...



I love this little illustrated stamp- a nice addition to my bird stamp collection which is a bit decimated at the moment due to the use of all my bird stamps for an art piece I made a couple of months ago.

On a random note, I thought I had about 30,000 postage stamps in my collection but I've pulled out about 5000 for my latest art piece and it hasn't even made a dent in my collection! They take up so little space that it's really hard to estimate.

No comments:

Post a Comment