Pages

March 12, 2010

Slovenia

traI was looking through some of my travel pictures this morning and wishing I was back on the road traveling.  But as I'm not, perhaps some inspiring pictures will brighten the day.

In 2005 after hubdude and I finished working in Antarctica for the year we spent about 5 months traveling- mostly backpacking through Europe.  One of my favorite places was Slovenia.  There's so much to love about this little country!  It snowed a lot, which I loved, and the southern tip of the Alps lie here which makes for great skiing of course.  They also have castles, which I always find intriguing, and the coast has a very Mediterranean, yet medieval, feel to it.

It's a really colorful country and if you've never been there, I highly recommend it as a rather non-touristy stop on any trip to Europe.  It's quite easy to get to from Italy and it was really easy to move around within Slovenia.  I would love to go back in the summer and bike through this country.






2 comments:

  1. Great photos, and a part of the world I know very little about. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics :)

    Oh I am so jealous of your travelling, when the kids are done in college..............(dreaming) :)T.

    ReplyDelete