Pages

January 7, 2011

Coloring in Winter- Flower #1

I love winter but I'm a huge plant fan (which is why I study them and why I really really really want to move to Portland!) so I've decided to embark on a new little project for the winter.  While I'd rather be out photographing flowers, I've decided to create my own little series of colorful flowers to get me through until the real flowers return.  I'll be posting my new ones a couple of times a week. 

The GREAT thing about flowers is their incredible diversity.  And while my flowers won't be based on 'real' flowers, they easily could be.  The world of plants is filled with amazingness.  Just check out any botanic garden or nursery nearby.

This is #1 done in watercolor pencil- a medium that I newly love.

No comments:

Post a Comment