Pages

February 22, 2010

Polaroids

I've always been fascinated with Polaroid pictures. When I lived in Alaska years ago my boyfriend at the time gave me a green Polaroid camera that went everywhere with me for years until I lost it.The thing about Polaroid pictures is that they're lovely but to me they also always seem to have a lonely, nostalgic sort of feel to them.

I recently had the chance to pick up a couple of Polaroid cameras and some film, so I thought I would start documenting some of the more urban aspects of Denver with them, along with my Holga.

These are some of the Polaroids I took yesterday while out photographing graffiti in my hood. This first one is the intersection that I live near. STOP! And maybe say hello?



These next couple of photos are from this fabulous graffiti fence that I wrote about yesterday. I'm enthralled with it and I'll be sad when the graffiti paint cops come and paint over it next week and the abandoned field once again turns back into a boring, weed filled blight on the urban landscape.







And finally, a photo of my new Holga camera. Isn't she cute? Unfortunately you really CAN'T take a Polaroid from 2 feet away... So a bit blurry, but I like it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment