Pages

October 14, 2011

Real Jardín Botánico of Madrid























One of the places I didn't get to during my June trip to Spain was the Madrid botanic gardens, which had been at the top of my list of places to go. I was determined not to miss it on this return trip. 


I arrived late in the morning on a cloudy day expecting to stay for an hour or two but it was such a lovely place, I couldn't tear myself away. I wandered the shady lanes taking photos for more than 6 hours. A blissful, restful day that could not have been more perfect. The temperature was perfectly cool, the skies were gray but not threatening and the dahlias were in full and perfect bloom. Even the squirrels were excited, running here & there, chattering loudly while dropping acorn tops on my head...













2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful place and LOVE the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was actually a great time of year to be there. Quiet, but still plenty of flowers and lovely fruit in the gardens.

    ReplyDelete