Pages

October 31, 2011

McMurdo Station, Antarctica

I'm only passing through McMurdo Station but was lucky to have one day here with warm and windless weather so I was able to get out & about to take a few photos. 


I first tried shooting some Impossible Project films on my Polaroid camera but this is proving a little trickier than I thought it would be. A DIY engineered solution for keeping the whole system warm while outdoors is in order and it's top on my list of personal projects when I arrive at South Pole, which will hopefully be sometime this week.


These are just a few shots from around town. The station has all of the amenities and activities that you would find in a normal stateside town.



Library

Coffee House & Wine Bar

Medical

Main road in town

Chapel of the Snows

Traffic

Outdoor storage

Recycling

Recycling bins

What do you think they do in the Spot Shop?

Looking across the sea ice

Looking around the point

Shackleton's Hut

Apple warming hut








McMurdo Station dorms

No comments:

Post a Comment