Pages

June 15, 2009

Stamps of the Week and Latest Art Piece

Over the last couple of days I've come across a few stamps that I thought were a little creepy. I don't usually find creepy stamps, most of them are colorful and upbeat, but that's debatable with these little guys.

This first one appears to have some sort of battle scene going on. See the chopped off head in the middle of the stamp rolling down the hill? I'm not sure what this is all about, other than blood and guts.



Need I say anything about this next one?



This pink guy looks like he want to make dinner out of the little blue guy. Something about his just creeps me out.



I find most clowns to be creepy, and this one is no exception.



I completed a new painting this weekend. I think I'm going through a blue phase with my work. When purchasing paints I can only seem to pick up the blue hues. Most of the fish pieces I've created recently are all shades of blue and over the last week I completed a new piece 'Stormy Day in the City' that is 13 different shades of blue. I also have several other canvases in the works that are all blue at the moment.

The things in the world that I love that are blue are the ocean, lagoons, stormy rainy skies, alpine forget-me-nots, blueberries, sea glass, Japanese glass balls, my husbands eyes, my first Schwinn bike and my latest 110 year old acquired book 'Chinese and Arabian Literature'.

Here is my latest study in blues:


No comments:

Post a Comment