Pages

May 2, 2009

Foreign Wall Flower

Well, I mentioned in my last post that I was working on a new piece, likely to be a tree. But, I was really intrigued by this stamp:


And I ended up with a little sweetheart of a flower instead:
There are additional pictures of the piece in my shop here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=24488554

This afternoon I picked up some new, and very small, canvases and small brushes today in order to work up some blockhead penguins. I created one a week or two ago which I thought turned out pretty well, so Pablo the Penguin will have some siblings soon.

We hit an indie bookstore this morning where I picked up a 1939 copy of Lost Horizon by James Hilton which is one of my favorite old movies. Who doesn't love thoughts of Utopia? I'm sure it will be a great read, but the cover alone was worth picking up the book. They just don't make covers like this anymore:


There is actually a whole website dedicated to all things 'Lost Horizon' if you want to check it out: http://www.losthorizon.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment