Pages

May 27, 2009

Stamps of the Week

I found some more interesting stamps this week- too many to show them all to you at once but here are a few. Do you like this blue background? It's the background of a painting that I'm working on. I love this blue!

This first stamp I really liked for its design. Simple, colorful and has a big 'A' which I'm sure they put on this stamp to symbolize my name. This stamp is a definite keeper. I have a little box of stamps that are 'Andrea' stamps- meaning that all the stamps in this particular box have some sort of meaning to me and someday I'll be putting them to use in a project just for me. This stamp is going to be living in that box for a while....



I'm not sure what I love about this stamp. Certainly the black and white, which reminds me of newspapers, but perhaps also the theatre-like feel to the stamp.



I don't know what these are. But they're interesting little animals with their stripes and pointy ears.



I think these are a great collection of wildlife stamps. I'm a fiend for bird stamps- I have a couple hundred bird stamps at a minimum, maybe more. I love the simplicity of these stamps because often the background colors of bird stamps drown out the beautiful little birds.



I don't even eat mushrooms, but these stamps are fabulous! They're from 1985 and they definitely have a 'retro' feel in their designs.



Blog readers- if you ever see stamps highlighted in this blog that you're particularly interested in or that you just really like, let me know. I'd be happy to send them to you. For instance, if anyone just loves these little mushroom stamps, I'm really happy to ship them off to you straightaway. Most of the stamps that I show on this blog don't really fit into my artwork because they are generally too colorful so most of them just get thrown back into the bin and I'd be happy to give them to someone that really likes them.


2 comments:

  1. I always love see the unique stamps you find...I really like the wild life set...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BB! I always love the birds!

    ReplyDelete