Pages

April 2, 2009

Coveting the Work of Other Artists

I like a lot of work by other artists. I learn from them, appreciate their hard work and envy their ideas- wishing some of them had been mine. But from time to time, I positively covet the works of others, wishing I could live with a piece on my wall to look at everyday. This is one of my favorites:


I found this artist, Johnny Taylor, on Etsy (http://www.johnnytaylorart.etsy.com/) and then found his website (http://johnnytaylorart.com/). I think his work is amazing. I love all of his pieces, but this one speaks to me the most. This piece is called 'The Day I Had Everything'. I think it's the title, in conjunction with the picture, that I love. We've all had those singular, rare, wonderful days where we felt like we were positively on top of the world and 'had everything'. Those have been the best days of my life.

This piece, for me, clearly captures everything involved in those special days. I love the colors, the picture, the musical design. Yes, I covet this piece of art. Ahhh, if only the student budget allowed for it.... He actually has several versions of this piece and I love them all.

Here are some other fantastic pieces from his online collection:


So, who's work do you covet today?

Andrea at Studio6

No comments:

Post a Comment