Pages

April 27, 2009

Stamps of the Week

I never did get around to posting my 'Stamps of the Week' last week, so I've added those pictures into this week's mix as well.

These first two stamps would make such great pictures for children. I think this first one might be from a movie, though I don't know that for sure.




I'm always drawn to the black & white stamps. These I separate out altogether and when I have enough of them, then I use them for a background (such as in this piece: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20259436). There are not a lot of black & white stamps, but this Afghan stamp is part of a beautiful little series animals and I'll probably highlight more of them in the future.




Mongolia really has some of the most interesting and colorful stamps, never dull or boring. I think this one would make a great pendant, if I knew how to make pendants, though it is a little on the large side.




Next up, some beautiful out door stamps. When I went to bed last night, the world looked like this first pretty stamp. But when I got up this morning, I found that the world now looks more like these second two. It's snowing in Denver! (Really thick, heavy, wet snow that is killing the plants that I knowingly chose to plant too early...)






There are so many great ship stamps! I separate out all of the ship stamps and have a pretty big collection of them now. I thought I had a really great idea for them, but when executed, the finished piece looks really bad and sits on my wall as a reminder that not every 'great' idea is executable and to try planning things out a little more. So, my little ships are waiting for my next great idea and in the mean time, I just keep finding more of them.

It seems that any country that has any coastline at all, has some kind of stamps with ships on them. These are some of my favorites because I love the ocean and I'm currently landlocked so I like to peruse the ship stamps from time to time.




Last but not least are these lovely little ladies in orange. I'm a big fan of orange, which is a good thing because there are SO many orange stamps! Loads of them, from all around the world. They make great backgrounds for my work (like in these pieces: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21234160 and http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=15448114). I really like the clean lines and the design of this particular stamp. And the boots, I really love their boots!




Next week I'm posting some really great Gilbert & Sullivan stamps that I've been hanging on to. They're fabulous!

Happy snowy spring everyone!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment